TDA 2006 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello friends
I was trying to make an amplifier using TDA 2006 IC.
here is the circuit:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74989&highlight=

my problem is that when I connect circuit as shown, it doesn't work
but when I remove the 22uF capacitor (The one on the 2nd lead of the IC) & connect 4.7K resistor to ground, sound comes from the speaker with a lot of distortion (not hum).

on the output I used 470uF/25v capacitor. does that affect the o/p?

Removing the 22 µF and connecting the 4,7 K to ground is a very bad idea since you move the DC point on the minus input, while the plus input remains the same = 1/2 Vcc. This results in the output of the TDA2006 will go to Vcc.

Please put the circuit back to normal and measure DC on inputs, output and Vcc and Vdd on the pins of the TDA2005 - first with signal input not connected to anything and then again with the signal input shorted to ground. Since you have a potmeter in your circuit, I must ask you to do further DC measurements with the pot first turned all the way up and then turned all the way down.

Plus: Does anything happen soundwise and measurementwise, if you turn the potmeter up and down continously?

on the output I used 470uF/25v capacitor. does that affect the o/p? [/B][/QUOTE]

hello.
it is a high pass filter ( in connection with the speaker load),it cuts off the bass a little bit.you should use 2200uf or bigger for good bass reproduction...........
and this output elco is drawn in reverted in the schematic,the + pole has to be connected with the output pin of the opamp.

greetings............

dear mehtadhaval ---you and I both have the same nightmare problems with distortion in all three TDA2006 CIRCUITS---- I tried every electronics forum /experts -
but the monster distortion wont go away --I sympathise with you -
something seriously wrong with those shematics ---if you have any success -
please help me ----we are brothers in arms my friend --
thanku for proving me right --goodbye TDA 2006 ---
CARL WINTER

TDA 2006 MONSTER

WELL HI MARK -!
another lifeline is well appreciated--
I am no expert ---all my amps work well --ALL home built
on bits of wood /sewn pinned copper wire -- b--ut very carefully tested--

I will ATTACH detailed foto of my 7 th attempt
all three circuits growl -distort so badly no matter how many components
are carefully replaced as recommended by dozens of electronics gurus
3 months later -7 brand new TDA chips ---I am drowning in agony

appreciate your help so much ---
here is my twin TDA 2006 bridge amp circuit (gave up on single supply )
not sure what is meant by split 12volt supply ---but anyway
here it is --(digital canon 18 megapix foto) from above --hope its ok

oh dear ! --where is the "attach file icon"???? no how on earth do I send
u a foto ? can u supply me your email add so I can attach a 8 MB foto ?
REALLY very grateful for you help
Carl
?

After you type your post hit the "Go Advanced" button and then you will find "Mange Attachments" and there you will be able to select and upload your photo files.

Make sure that you hit the "upload files" botton after you have selected them.

Then you can preview your post or hit save changes or submit to post it.

There are size limits so don't try to upload a full 18Mpixel picture file!!
Do try to re-size it First!!
This is so that it will fit on your average monitors resolution, else it will blow the entire thread out of proportion with the print vs the picture.

The "thread" means this series of posts on the subject called the "TDA 2006 amplifier".

I use Irfanview as it is free, in order to re-size and edit my pictures for posting.

FWIW

jer :)

Last edited:
Agree and add: I have made hundreds of TDA2006 amps, later using TDA2030 and then 2050, PCB is the same.
All work very well so you are obviously making a mistake.
Hand draw and post the **actual** schematic you are using; telling us " I used the one on page xx of the datasheet" is not enough because obviously what you built is not the same in some detail.
Draw also the power supply you are using.
As of pictures, select 1024x768 or the next higher in your camera or resize it in IrfanView, any larger is much larger than the typical monitor screen .

Sorry Mark ---failed to attach 8 mb foto to you
18 megapix is too large for this reply attachment
JMFAHEY ---- and Gerald Fry jnr are trying to show me a downsize method
but I am not to sure -----experimenting at present so I can send u a detailed
drawing which they brilliantly advised --I am honoured to be guided by such professionals------many thanks guys ----you give me real hope to sort this
distortion problem ----- Carl
hang in there ---- Cal

Thanks.

1) download and install Irfanview

2) upload the picture from your camera to some suitable computer folder (such as Internet Pictures or something)

3) click that picture, it will open in Irfanview

4) Click > Image< , then >resize/resample< , choose a new size.

I suggest 1024 x 768 for normal pictures, or 1920 x 1080 for large detailed schematics (such as those who show full preamp, poweramp, PSU in one large drawing) so parts values do not become too small and unreadable.
This last size is larger than most screens but in this case it´s fine, we usually are concentrating on one part of the schematic to solve a particular problem.

After you resize, click >file< , then >save as< and save the picture either to the same folder or your desktop as a .jpg with a new name , such as TDA2006-01-MEF.jpg or whatever.
Give it meaningful names instead of "IMG4027.jpg" so it´s easier to remember and find in a future search.

Last edited:
ok --here goes another attempt ---I have DRAWN detailed copy of my circuit
exactly as I wired it ---all components--FIGURE 17 BRIDGE AMP CONFIG WITH SPLIT POWER SUPPLY ----are wired to a COMMON EARTH RAIL---
( chip maker schematic shows some resistors/ caps go to their own lonely earth ???
funny diagram --does not make sense --split power supply???? HOW IS A12VOLT SUPPLY SPLIT IN TWO ?? no sign of two 6 volt supply points ---? confusing damn circuit --
ok --why wont it upload ?? where is the upload progress bar /icon
whateva---why wont it show the file loading??

DEAR MR JMFAHEY ---why not give me your email address so I can attach
this file easier ---this has now become a huge headache ---simply cannot get the two NEW fotos in reduced pixels --to upload or attach to this thing \please give me your email ----I give up here ---let me go to ifanview
but that will take me foreva --I am not a pc expert --total novice
I cannot understand your complicated IFAN system --I live in a area with bad /slow internet on an African mountain ---
easier to attach to your mail address ----
-- CARL

DOWNSIZED TO 1024 X 768-- ? where is it?

DRAWINGS OF tda 2006 -reduced pixels 001.jpg OK IRFANVIEW CANNOT SEND AS I HAVE NO PLUG IN THINGS
OR SOME BIZZarre weird thing ---sorry Mr Fahey --I am struggling to try to decipher this greek jargon --
I did download irfan view ---
I clicked on my drawings I painstakingly drew and fotographed
for you --but=clicking on those two drawings opens in windows
foto viewer ---wont email them as it sez I have no email prog associated
with whatever
sorry I am totally lost --this is way over my limited knowledge -
that IRFANVIEW is COMPLEX NIGHTMARE terminology
only pc guru ,s understand ---what happened to simple English
language for novices ?
but I notice my canon --on S quality setting --gives the size as
what u suggested--1024x 768
but I cannot seem to get any indication these fotos are attaching
to the thread reply forum box thing --
ie no progress bar indicator ---sitting staring dumbly at
that reply tHAT I typed ---but upload the file box ---I cliked on
--nothing happens ---this is way beyond me
my quest for a solution to distortion just took a bad turn --
can I not simply attach to your EMAIL address ?
that is how I have done it since last year --took me ages to learn it
----its the simplest way ---does take 15 minutes or so to attach -
BUT AT LEAST I CAN SEE THE SLOW PROGRESS AS IT UPLOADS
---
otherwise --I am lost --getting way to complicated -
many thanks anyway ---I appreciate your your patience - & selfless advice
its just too advanced for my learning curve status ---(don't even know what a cookie is -- --!!)

best to hit the damn chip with a hammer --end this agony!
regards -- Carl --only got a pc last year --like giving a monkey a remote control---- maybe its attached --why is there no YOUR FOTO HAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED YOU MORON ----message????
WELL -- I will nkeep trying --until the hardrive crashes again
manage attachments list box is so COMPLICATED --- I cannot make head or tail ---but the wheel spins for 3 min --then stops ---does thst mean its sent to you??? somebody help ! I live in the bush ----no doctrates in pc hieroglyphics anywhere near !
regards C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.