Trouble with LM4702 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone ,i have build amp based on AN1645 schematics ,i use IRFP9240/IRFP240 for out stage , bias is simple only a resistor and a condenser .
Everything works well sound was good and i like it, but after my mistake(i conect only Gnd and Vee with working 3VA transformer) everything works but apear a strange sound , may i broke in LM4702 or i do something with transistors
P.S. nothing were conected to out of amp ,and sources are conected between 0.22R 5W resistors.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 272
Maybe you could also give a bit more information about your application. In the first post you wrote about a 3 VA transformer. What does that have to do with the amplifier? Are you shure that this noise was not present, before you connected that transformer? I. e. did you use the amplifier at that medium power setting before that accident?

Is the noise only present at medium power and disappears at higher power? Or does it appear from medium power upward? Does it rise in intensity with the power level?

Could there be a damaged smoothing capacitor in your power supply?

OK.
i'm 100% sure that the noise apears after i do my mistake, because i listened to it fo 3 days.

Capacitors are ok because i conect it to ma LM3886 gainclone and all it's ok no noise.
And Yes this noise its only present at the medium power, and it present not in all kind of music when i'm listening to Rock or POP music or other dynamic musis it's not present but in Jazz or Clasical it very awful to listen to it. about tranformer i say because it's very powerful and i don't have ayn fuses or resistors to protect my amp.

In fact i can use it as poweful amp for disco.

it's very strange for me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.