gainclones single chip vs parallel config

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
..or attenuate the tweeter in an active crossover with a potentiometer/trimmer, which makes it easy to adjust later on. On the other hand there seems to be only a capacitor in front of the tweeter, so maybe the two drivers are already of similar sensitivity. Then they would need the same gain and level.

Today I woke up with a thought in my mind.. Try what AndrewT said..
So I remembered my father's 20-year Rising Hi-fi system (mine also :) ) wich has 4 ouputs..

So I listened both configurations for a while..
And, the first impression is:

Paralelled: Good sound. Very good bass. Treble could be a little more clean, though...

Sperated inputs: The bass is a little less loud but the treble is way way better! Of course the treble is, as Redshift187 mentioned, a little overpowered but I compensated that with equalization just to have a better idea.
(I found this speakers quite impressive for they size )

Have not decided quite yet but I think the bi-amplified config is a good choice.. I'd have to make a crossover though...

RJ

bi-amplify does not equate to active speaker

Hi,
there's a first conclusion:
bi-amplifying a bi-wireable speaker makes the sound output different.

Many builders and listeners on this Forum say this conclusion is either impossible or a waste of resources.

How does one amplifier (non parallel) compare to two amplifiers driving the separated terminals?

Many builders and listeners on this Forum say this conclusion is either impossible or a waste of resources.
Well, they are - not intending to offend anyone - completely wrong!
Maybe it's just my constant search for sound perfectness..Or at least anything close to it! :)
I'm sure bi-amplifying is quite more expensive and laborious, but in my opinion, it's definitly worth it!!
Anyway, let's think: We guys make what? an amp per year, perhaps! Technics/Panasonic engineers make - just guessing here - some dozens/year ?! I really don't think those guys would make bi-amplified systems just for fun!! :smash: It's only my guess though...

How does one amplifier (non parallel) compare to two amplifiers driving the separated terminals?

What do you mean? Bi-amplifying comparing to amplifying the seperated terminals with only one amp? Is this what you mean? I'm sorry, Portuguese guy here!! ::xeye:

RJ.

ruijorgemoreno said:
What do you mean? Bi-amplifying comparing to amplifying the seperated terminals with only one amp? Is this what you mean?
yes, use one amplifier (non parallel) to drive both sets of terminals (Treble + Mid/bass) compared to using two amplifiers, one to each pair of terminals (amp to Mid/base, separate amp to Treble).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.