Blown MOSFET Chips -Pics-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need info on these chips if possible, where to get direct replacements or better grade of the same chip?Only info I can get off them is:

"75339P"

not sure if all 8 are the same fet or what... any help would be appreciated!!

yes first post, yes i searched ;d

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I searched google, and came up with over 300 parts that look exactly like that.

Honestly, do you guys think I could get away with just replacing those? an amp repair guy from CarAudio . com forum insists it's more then just those, and I won't be able to find the issue because i'm not an experianced amp repair guy.. is this true or just bs because he wants my money/business with this amp... says he can fix it for roughly $100+shipping (1,500watts @ 2ohm 14.4v) which is completely outta the question because the dude who asked me to see what I can do with this amp only paid $75 orignally off a smoker, so it's not worth it to him to send it out and pay over $75 to get it repaired.

This particular amplifier design calls for trouble (usual in car audio). Each MOSFET should have its own gate resistor, but they are missing.

HUF75339 is not the only part that will work, there are similar ones from other manufacturers. Vds, Rds-on, max. Id and gate charge are the main parameters to consider when finding replacements.

These MOSFET are part of the power supply. The circuit that drives them may be faulty too. Also, they usually blow after the output devices in one of the amplifier channels fail shorted, so you have to carefully check for more (non visual) damage.

The reason you find 300 parts that look the same is because they're of the same packaging. Like how you can find 20 brands of a battery. You should try to replace it with those of the same HUF75339P number though, that should cut down your choice to less than 5.

But for such catastrophic failure, I'm betting the cause is not just overheating.

Well as some members here said.most the time transistors do not "blow" just like that.most the time there are more parts involve like: resistors,capacitors,diodes etc. it is not as easy as it looks.if you attempt to service this amp you should know that sometimes you read parts on the board and they look they are good but, in reality you are reading other parts that are connected on the board so this will take you some time and work plus the right tools.:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.