Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2009, 04:31 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ESP Integrated Preamp Question

Hello,

I was wondering about building a preamp similar to the layout on the ESP website. It would have 4 inputs including a phono. From the website (see picture) it says I would need the preamp (P88) the phono (P06) and a power supply board (P05).

Wouldn't I need two power supply (P05) boards - one for each the phono and the preamp? If not, how would I wire it up so that both the phono and preamp are getting the 15V input from the power supply?

Another question is would I need one AC wall wart for each power supply? Can I run two power supply boards off one wall wart?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: gif p88-f5.gif (7.3 KB, 199 views)
Old 14th June 2009, 06:45 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: ESP Integrated Preamp Question

Quote:
Originally posted by discomonkey
Wouldn't I need two power supply (P05) boards
Trust Rod Elliott on that. One power supply is sufficient.

Quote:
If not, how would I wire it up so that both the phono and preamp are getting the 15V input from the power supply?
The answer is so simple and obvious that I am reluctant to give it. You should get yourself acquainted at least with the basics before you start to build anything. Find out, what parallel and series connections are and then, which is the right solution in this case and why.
Hint 1: How do you connect appliances in your household to the power grid?
Hint 2: The answer 'Plugging them in' is not the solution.

Quote:
Another question is would I need one AC wall wart for each power supply? Can I run two power supply boards off one wall wart?
Depends on the wall wart. How much power do two power supplies consume worst case? Compare that to the wall-wart's power rating.

Hide this!Advertise here!