OPA548 pcb layout - for your enjoyment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Folks

Well, I have been busy building 10 channels of OPA548 gainclone for a friend over the past week or so, and as I had to make so many I made a single sided pcb layout to make it easier!

So, for all those that are interested the PCB layout is below, scale is based on 1" squares, so it should by easy to rescale to whatever output you want. The circuit is based on Thorsten's new ideas, and is not minimal! As I live in an area of huge RF interference from two of the biggest TV/Radio transmitters in the UK, I have given up on the minimal designs, but if you wish you could just use wire links instead of some components. You may also need to slightly adapt the design depending on the size of your components.

The circuit layout is completely hum free and stable, with no oscillations I can detect on my 5meg scope.

Note, the E/S pin(9) is snipped off the IC before installation!

Have fun;)

Attachments

• opa.png
    opa.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,636
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Carlos

The dc offset on all my amps was around +8 to +10mV. Your idea of using the multiturn pot is a good one, I may give it a try at some point.

These amps were configured as two 5 ways for a friends 2 HT setups, one in his lounge and one in his bedroom to replace the mixture of cheap amps he was using. They were all built in 2U rack cases, and were nothing to look at really, which is why I took no photos.

I was also playing with my stereo OPA548 the other day, that I modded to the same circuit for testing, and got some interesting results when I fed it square waves, I may post these photos later in a different thread for others to look at and discuss.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Popes

Looking good! Certainly much quicker and more economical to home etch;)

The only problem you will have is with the Earths. The three up board will definately need the ground plane splitting so you have one per amp, and you may need to split the signal earths to make a star ground as I did on my version. The only way to find out is to build one!

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.