LM3886 - AD815 Bases Amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I would be making LM3886 based Power Amplifier,
Stereo , and 5.1ch amp.

The design will be beased on carlosfm, Application Notes, and other circuit.

Also, Many DIY'ers in India are not able to source PCB for carlosfm project AD815 pre with LM3886. I need consent from authors and
moderators, If I can make PCB and post GB for Indian DIY'ers

Thanks
suds

My AD815 pre-amp PCB layout. .
based on carlosfm ad815 pre.

ad815 smd version is used here..

Attachments

• cfm-diy-adpre-reva1.jpg
    cfm-diy-adpre-reva1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 526
peranders said:
Did each IC have optimal working conditions?

Don't know about optimal but they were identical - same Jung regulators, raw dc and attenuator. And i only tried the TPA6120. No idea how good either is as a headphone amp as i only tried them in a line stage comparing the sound of an active stage to a bypass. The AD815 is really amazingly transparent for an opamp but ultimately did not entice me to use it as a line stage in the long term. I guess it's a quiestion of taste, priorities and expectations of what a line stage should achieve. For almost a year i used and enjoyed a Pass Aleph 1.0 clone which is nowhere near as transparent and currently use a choke loaded 5687 common cathode stage which is simply in a different class.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.