Drv134 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where I can Buy a DRV PCB?

thx

If you need drv134 to bridge two amplifier boards, forget it. You must go for a bridging adapter or transformer. If you need it to get a balanced output, go for drv134. I test drv134 and that1646 for a bridge configuration and the result is lot of noise. Even assemblycraft.com have a bridge module to improve drv134:
http://assemblycraft.com/custom.html1.html

If you need drv134 to bridge two amplifier boards, forget it. You must go for a bridging adapter or transformer. If you need it to get a balanced output, go for drv134. I test drv134 and that1646 for a bridge configuration and the result is lot of noise. Even assemblycraft.com have a bridge module to improve drv134:
http://assemblycraft.com/custom.html1.html

What is "lot of noise"? Is this noise you hear or measure?

I've used DRV134 for bridging amplifiers in a few implementations and have never noticed any noise problems; not even when used with a single supply.

clearly the DRV134 would work.. but is it optimal to bridge two amps?
Apparently, according to the spec sheet:
input impedance is 10K ohm
output impedance is 50 ohm (pretty good i think)

As I understand it input impedances should be at least 10 times the output impedance of the line stage/preamp. So, as long as the preamp's output impedance is 1K or less, I'm guessing it should be okay... problem is.. i dont know what common output impedances to expect from preamps and line stages.

am i correct?

Most audio equipment Sources have an output impedance <1000ohms.

There are some that exceed this but all reputable manufacturers specify this in the user manual. Many recording outputs are specified >1500ohms. I suspect these are not buffered to save money. That does not mean they are bad, just that one must adopt coupling to account for this higher output impedance.

The 50ohm output impedance of the DRV means it can drive just about any cable capacitance. Use it and don't worry.

There are some balanced output opamps that can significantly better the performance of the DRV.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.