Huge oversight in toroid purchase.... Can I fix?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK so I was looking for toroids for my chipamps and E-mailed Peter Daniel this link with a surplus toroid that I saw and figured I'd get the OK from him before I made the purchase.

Here's the Link: you tell me what I overlooked and also eluded Peter as he said these would work fine LOL.

http://www.plitron.com/shopping/specs/5992-X0-00.pdf

I paid near $50 a pice for these and as they are surplus I may not be able to exchange them. Anyone have any suggestions as what to do to remedy this error and oversight that both myself and Mr. Daniels so easily overlooked? Any suggestions would be beneficial to my pocketbook and on behalf of my wife less yelling and screaming LOL, Peace.

Nope, BINGO, I needed 120VAC and didn't pay attention enough to see the 380VAC input. And neither did Peter Daniel which isn't his responsibility but the fact we both overlooked it is what I find ironic. I had actually put 4 of another in my cart and must have deleted the wrong ones before I had a chance to realise they where purchased. I wish there was an easy way to stepup 120-380VAC but I'll have to at this point rely on Plitron alowing me to switch for the toroids I actually wanted.... Peace.

OK Lets get this straight, the first posts thread tittle may have made this sound like I was asking if I could use this toroid, I know I can't, I just wanted to show you how easy it is to make a error. This was an oversight after the fact, this is in no way a fault of Peter Daniels nor did he suggest this toroid we both looked at it and didn't notice is all I was trying to point out. I ended up with this because I had this toroid in my cart with another and figure by accident I deleted the wrong toroid from my cart. When the toroids arrived I realized I ordered the ones I didn't want, but didn't see an invoice until it was to late as they went to my junk mail filter.

The Plitron site has a no return policy but no policy on exchange, and due to my situation I figure they should at least give me the opportunity to fix my mistake.

Just goes to show you how easy it is to screw up an order unless you pay attention 110%, I knew I didn't wan't this toroid before it was accidentaly ordered, yet the mistake was still made, Careful as you get older and the brain farts more frequent LOL....

Peace.

jaycee said:
To be honest you are best eBaying them and recovering some cost that way. That's a strange primary voltage though! I wonder what theyre designed for...
The application is 3 x 380V and connection between the phases if you don't have the neutral. Not that uncommon in Europe. I have used such a transformer in a motor control with only 3 phases and protective earth.

380V 50Hz

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central Africann Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Congo, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, France, Gabon, Gambia, Greece, Greenland, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kazakstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia-Montenegro, Slovak, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikstan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

380V 60Hz

Brazil, S. Korea, Peru

Hahaha, people people, I know I asked what to do with them but I've spoken to Plitron and may be able to exchange them for the ones I actually intended on purchasing. I won't be keeping these nor will I try and sell them, this was an honest mistake and I'm working on having it remedied, The post was more a warning to watch what the hell your purchasing, take care y'all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.