Why does this opamp hiss?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, noob question:

I'm working up an active filter circuit - in fact I've built it. It works as planned, but it has a noticeable amount of hiss. I'm'sure this is an EE101 question, but for better or worse, I never had EE101. Could someone point out the obvious? :rolleyes:

By the way, the opamp are two quad packages, the TI TL054. I was hoping to share what this is for with the board, but it's not ready yet...

THANKS!

Attachments

• e61comp.jpg
    e61comp.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 252
Hi
Opamp voltage noise... the TL's are intended for instrumentmentation apps with a zener (noise source) trimmed for low offset voltage. The good part is your circuit uses low value resistors and low gains to minimize the current noise (only with low impedance input drive).

Thanks! The opamp's voltage noise was at the top of my list of suspects, but I was worried I had done something somewhere else I was unaware of.

But thats good - I only have to switch out the opamps! Much easier than having to redo the whole thing.

Cheers,

PF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.