(just or not just, but) Another gainclone page

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GrahamnDodder said:
When your site is not available due to traffic, it is because you have exceeded the bandwidth allowable for the free sites and is temporarily shut down. They come back up after a pre-determined amount of time.

Sure. Geocities doesn’t announce what the allocated bandwidth is, but my calculation says it is some 4MB/hour. However, with more than 10000 page loadings since I have launched the site at the end of April (oh yes, half of this applies to the gainclone pages) most of the time it is pretty enough.

Anyway, I have a plan to move soon to my own domain.

When you jpeg them, try cranking them down to about a level "3" (out of 10, or 12) on the size/quality scale.

Almost all jpg pics are optimized using Photoshop’s optimizer for web which works for me far better than bare determining the best level of jpg compression. IMHO, it is practically impossible to make 600x500 pixels decent quality pic in jpg format using less than 40-80KB (unless it is very bright pic; yes, brighter jpg needs less bytes…)

All schematics and diagrams are in gif files and excluding FFT diagrams in the non-o/s pages, none is heavier than a few KB.

An added bonus is that your pages, with more compressed photos, load faster for dial-up users.

I am still such a user. :dead:

Pedja

This thread is a little HIT !

Pedja, Since I brought this thread of yours back to life,
it has now had MORE than 1000 New Views !!!!!
When I wrote my post - View counter was on 1396.
:angel: halojoy The Incarnation :angel: believer in facts, numbers & beauty
disbeliever of mumbo-jumbo, snakeoil & other witchcrafts

;) :cool: Enjoy Pedja :cool: ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.