Lm386

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The best value I found for a resistor instead of the jumper was 56ohm If I go over I don't get -50db from my tone generator, which brings me to ask what's the minimum db input that little amp can take? I know -50 is mic level which I should use a pre-amp but I can get a signal that low with the jumper on. I was thinking about a switch as well, that's a good idea, what's the reason I cannot switch it when it's on?

How should I wire the switch?

Both are working which is weird.

jumper switch

pin1------------------------ 1(Left)
pin2------------------------ 2(Center)
3(Right)

jumper switch
pin1-------------------------1(Left)*
|--2(Center)*
pin2-------------------------3(Right)

*pin 1&2 of the switch are together

kaos said:
If I understand your switch designations correctly, the first option appears to be the correct one. If you switch it with the power on you may get a thump in the speaker as C2 charges. On a low powered amp like this it may not be that bad.
That's what I taught that the first configuration is right but the thing that made me do the second one is that the 3rd pin or the pin far right has nothing attached. Is that right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.