What is difference between TDA1514, TDA1514A, TDA1514AQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All.
Now I need Philips(now it's nxp semiconductor, you know) TDA1514 chip to repair my Marshall 8040 guitar amp.

I found it from some electronic parts web site.
But there are three different parts, TDA1514, TDA1514A, TDA1514AQ.

I could find just TDA1514 datasheet.
I think that TDA1514 and TDA1514A have same package.
But I can't be sure about TDA1514AQ.
The most important thing is that they have different price!!
(TDA1514 is most expensive, TDA1514AQ is cheapest)

Is there anyone who can explain what is difference between these three parts?

I hope beautiful and peaceful Spring for all of you.

Hi,

The TDA1514 and TDA1514A are basically the same, I belive there was a process change between the two products. (i.e the way the silicon is fabricated was changed but the function is the same)

As far as I can tell the TDA1514AQ is the same as the TDA1514A except the pins are bent into a dual in line pattern rather than a single in line pattern. I didn't find the actual part but the term AQ seems to be used by Philips to mean this.

The TDA1514 is the most expensive because they haven't been made for a long time and are now hard to get hold of. Usually when companies change the process it is to do a die shrink (i.e to use less silicon) so the origonal may be silghtly better. However its just as possible that the new process was for other reasons such as an old plant going out of use.

Regards,
Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.