volume control schematic please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a search really I did, so sorry for this if its been done a thousand times. I have a 20w/channel gainclone and want to wire in a volume control. I have been told that it goes between the input and output rca's.the volume control I have been looking at has signal input and signal output terminals, so am I right in guessing, rca input to signal input and so on. Also what size control do I need for 20w amp. i.e 50k, 100k, etc. Another potion is a shunt mod, any info on that would be nice too.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Fore the B1 Nelson Pass also suggest a linear pot, probably because its cheaper and have better channel tracking than a cheap log

Its actually a "integrated" passive you suggest, so I think you should look fore 10-20Kohm

Monopots could be an option, but may not be very practical, and mostly a choise fore hardcore enthusiasts

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
paulfk said:

I have been told that it goes between the input and output rca's.the volume control I have been looking at has signal input and signal output terminals, so am I right in guessing, rca input to signal input and so on.

No, it goes in between input RCA connector and INPUT on your amp module

If you have a switch fore multiple signal source, it goes between this input switch and INPUT on amp module

But even with some experience I also sometimes find these things a bit confusing
Maybe why a preamp isnt always the best place to start fore a newbie

You can measure and find the ground pin
The one that doesnt change impedance when turning the pot should be input, and the other that does change would be out to amp
I hope Im right on this :scared: :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.