Best possible sound quality from +12 ATX PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

i need a lil amp for my second computer.

Therews no need for the best High End stuff. But I want a decent sound.
As I anderstand it, the amp should have no sound at all. Lowest possible distortion.

I want to use the +12 line. I dont want to spend money on Toroids.

Sooo:

-What is the best 12 Car Radio IC?
For asymetric supply! Is there anything better than TDA 2050?
I prefer mono ICs.

-Do you suppose to use any kind of filter or simply some Elco on the V+ pin? Some Pcs tend to have noises from the HDD on the psu lines.

-What kind of cutput elco whould you prefer, since this seems to be very important here. I whould use panasonic FC and some film capacitor parallel.

I had tried that once using a TA 7230 but there was hell lot of noise coming from the SMPS...I had tried to put the amp inside the pc case and put a few speaker terminals at back to connect the speakers...but soon realised this was not a good idea..may be was too inexperienced back then..but tapping PSU +12 is gonna be a noisy affair neverthless. If you don't need too much power a small toroid is not gonna cost that much. You could also look at using a large wall adaptor some of them go upto 3 Amps, which will give decent power. You'll need additional decoupling on your amp board though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.