Attempting a Chip Amp Build - Need a PCB!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm looking to build a stereo chip amp to power two 25W rms 4ohm speakers (120W peak). After much searching and self deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that the LM4765 would be the best chip to work around.

I am looking to build the circuit described on the LM4765 page, but I don't want to end up with a breadboard mess. Ideally I would like to construct my own PCB, but due to time constraints I do not currently have access to a CNC mill, nor do I have the resources to acid-etch my own PCBs. Therefore, I would like to purchase a pre-cut board (or kit) suitable for the LM4765.

According to the LM4765 demoboard designs, the chip is compatible with the same PCB designs as the LM1876 and LM4766 as well, however I have been unsuccessful in locating PCBs for these chips too.

Any assistance in locating a PCB (must be available to the UK) or any similar kit which is compatible with the aforementioned speakers preferably in a stereo (not dual mono) configuration would be most appreciated. Thanks!

deadparrot said:
Hi, I'm looking to build a stereo chip amp to power two 25W rms 4ohm speakers (120W peak). After much searching and self deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that the LM4765 would be the best chip to work around.

I am looking to build the circuit described on the LM4765 page, but I don't want to end up with a breadboard mess. Ideally I would like to construct my own PCB, but due to time constraints I do not currently have access to a CNC mill, nor do I have the resources to acid-etch my own PCBs. Therefore, I would like to purchase a pre-cut board (or kit) suitable for the LM4765.

According to the LM4765 demoboard designs, the chip is compatible with the same PCB designs as the LM1876 and LM4766 as well, however I have been unsuccessful in locating PCBs for these chips too.

Any assistance in locating a PCB (must be available to the UK) or any similar kit which is compatible with the aforementioned speakers preferably in a stereo (not dual mono) configuration would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Guys-

I don't think your replies are answering the mail for the Parrot.

Parrot-

See the another post in this forum on pcboards for the LM4765T Chip Amp. I did artwork for several boards, posted them and got alot of feedback on their designs. Haven't done anything with them in a few months, though. Did for both single-bridged mono, dual-bridged Mono, Single-chip stereo, and dual-chip stereo (4ch).

Hope this helps,

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.