ghetto blaster

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im currentley working on a 2x 20 watt amp using the tda 2003 its quite cheap to make and decent sound quality i dont know what its like with regular batterys but it runs for a good time on my drill battery

anyway heres the circuit diagram for it

Attachments

• circuit-tda2003 amplifier bcl (bridge amplifier) 18w for car.jpg
    circuit-tda2003 amplifier bcl (bridge amplifier) 18w for car.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 482
What battery type do you plan to use? What voltage?

I just got some TDA7267 ICs. After doing careful tests with my oscilloscope and function generator, I found it to deliver 1.8 watts (non clipping) into a 5 Ohm load with a 9 volt Vs. This is very good performance for a single ended output IC. It requires very few components.

cool info guys

i'm thinking roughly to use 9 to 12 volts
AA tyes me thinks, something thats easily avaiable

the best power i can get for this power is my aim

plus i know it'll sound a bit better than those plastic crapola boombox i keep seeing

anyone seen quad channel IC ?

With AA cells you'll never get enough volume for outdoor use.
You want something that can deliver greater current.

If you are up to the complexity of the charger design, I suggest using Lithium Ion cells. (The type used to re-cell laptop batteries.)
Or the Li Polymer cells used by model aircraft builders. (Costs more.)

Additionally, if you care about battery life, a class D design will make a very big difference.

With AA batteries, even the the single ended amps will run them down quite a bit after just an hour or two of listening with 4 ohm loads at high volumes.

While bridge amps can make 4x the power of single ended, they will run even D cells down quickly.

I recommend a single ended amp with efficient speakers. I used guitar speaker once and the setup was screaming loud, even at 1 watt. Sound may not be hifi, but it was better than most off the shelf boom boxes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.