Speaks build.... a few P.Daniel LM3875 monoblocks.... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th March 2009, 04:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Speaks build.... a few P.Daniel LM3875 monoblocks....

OK first I'd like to thank Peter Daniel for being so quick with e-mails and service, doesn’t happen all that much in the times we live in and was a welcomed change. I'd also like to thank Peter for the board upgrade, I see my kits contained the gold plated boards as in the premium kit and although Peter may have been out of the basic kit boards this made a brother happy, thanks again Peter.

I plan on making 4 monoblocks for the purpose of bi-amping a F.A.S.T. system (4 X 5.5" silverflute midbasses 200Hz down, and 2 CHR70's from Mark audio from 200Hz up/side).

Debate lies mainly on if I'll do a dual mono design in one case with Pots for volume level matching or if I should go fully independent Mono blocks, which would make things a tad more pricey considering the cost of good binding posts a good noble Pot and hell a decent manual dexterity level adjustment device (knob). Decisions lie within a few small parts but the real deciding factor is how the lovely lady I call my beautiful wife likes the design idea, it is her living room of course LOL….

So this begins the thread on my trial and tribulations into the P. Daniel LM3875 GC amp build, here goes nothing..... Peace and happy Listening.

Speaks
Old 11th March 2009, 04:52 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Speaks build.... a few P.Daniel LM3875 monoblocks....

Quote:
Originally posted by speakrsrfun
Debate lies mainly on if I'll do a dual mono design in one case with Pots for volume level matching or if I should go fully independent Mono blocks, which would make things a tad more pricey considering the cost of good binding posts a good noble Pot and hell a decent manual dexterity level adjustment device (knob).
Would the amount of binding posts change? The increased price would more likely come from additional power supplies and enclosures.

Quote:
Originally posted by speakrsrfun
Decisions lie within a few small parts but the real deciding factor is how the lovely lady I call my beautiful wife likes the design idea, it is her living room of course LOL….
Women like it, if an amplifier matches the colour of the curtains or the sofa. And if it has an immersion for a flower pot, you can build almost anything you like.
Old 11th March 2009, 04:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yes Pacific Blue the cost for 4 Mono's compared to dual mono in a single case would really come down to chassis, trans and pots. Other than that it is pretty much the same all round, my bad.

Flower pot spots are a no go, sorry but I draw the line somewhere and I'm pretty sure that's where I draw it.

BTW in the time I've been away from the forum I've already soldered a pair of amps, talk about no mess gear....

Peace and happy listening.
Old 12th March 2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Beftus is offline Beftus  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Speaks build.... a few P.Daniel LM3875 monoblocks....

Quote:
Originally posted by pacificblue
Women like it, if an amplifier matches the colour of the curtains or the sofa. And if it has an immersion for a flower pot, you can build almost anything you like.
LOL, many thanks for your words of wisdom!
Old 12th March 2009, 09:19 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

All four built and ready for testing once some Toroids pop thier heads up. I'll post a feww pics as soon as I can, Peace all, and kudo's to Peter for making such an easy kit.

Speaks
Old 13th March 2009, 01:44 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Nice to hear that speakrsrfun!I also got some kits from Peter daniel (Audiosector.com)He is a great guy.I am very happy with my LM 3875 integrated amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!