Speaks build.... a few P.Daniel LM3875 monoblocks....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK first I'd like to thank Peter Daniel for being so quick with e-mails and service, doesn’t happen all that much in the times we live in and was a welcomed change. I'd also like to thank Peter for the board upgrade, I see my kits contained the gold plated boards as in the premium kit and although Peter may have been out of the basic kit boards this made a brother happy, thanks again Peter.

I plan on making 4 monoblocks for the purpose of bi-amping a F.A.S.T. system (4 X 5.5" silverflute midbasses 200Hz down, and 2 CHR70's from Mark audio from 200Hz up/side).

Debate lies mainly on if I'll do a dual mono design in one case with Pots for volume level matching or if I should go fully independent Mono blocks, which would make things a tad more pricey considering the cost of good binding posts a good noble Pot and hell a decent manual dexterity level adjustment device (knob). Decisions lie within a few small parts but the real deciding factor is how the lovely lady I call my beautiful wife likes the design idea, it is her living room of course LOL….

So this begins the thread on my trial and tribulations into the P. Daniel LM3875 GC amp build, here goes nothing..... Peace and happy Listening.

Speaks

speakrsrfun said:
Debate lies mainly on if I'll do a dual mono design in one case with Pots for volume level matching or if I should go fully independent Mono blocks, which would make things a tad more pricey considering the cost of good binding posts a good noble Pot and hell a decent manual dexterity level adjustment device (knob).
Would the amount of binding posts change? The increased price would more likely come from additional power supplies and enclosures.

speakrsrfun said:
Decisions lie within a few small parts but the real deciding factor is how the lovely lady I call my beautiful wife likes the design idea, it is her living room of course LOL….
Women like it, if an amplifier matches the colour of the curtains or the sofa. And if it has an immersion for a flower pot, you can build almost anything you like. :D

Yes Pacific Blue the cost for 4 Mono's compared to dual mono in a single case would really come down to chassis, trans and pots. Other than that it is pretty much the same all round, my bad.

Flower pot spots are a no go, sorry but I draw the line somewhere and I'm pretty sure that's where I draw it.

BTW in the time I've been away from the forum I've already soldered a pair of amps, talk about no mess gear....

Peace and happy listening.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.