how good is a tripath ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everybody,

i have a tripath amp for 3 years. it's a t2020. i was looking around for getting a high end system.

my search started out with a single end but i ended up with an OTL amp (and a full range phy-hp).

in those readings i read a lot of post where they say that the tripath amp put there tubes in the shades, only an OTL design could win it from a tripath.

So now my question: how good is a tripath really, now the most people have heard one, and did the psu and other optimalisations, and the hype is a bit gone for the tripath.

thank you

You should try the ClassD thread.

I have used a 2020 Tripath based amp. How good it is depends on the way the amp has been put together and how closely it follows the reccomendations of the Tripath spec sheet.

Other factors will be the impedance and characteristics of your speakers and any ancillaries. IFIRC the 2020 is only good for about 10W per channel before the distortion figures rise significantly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.