wiring two transformers to two dual rectifer units

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Each transformer will power one rectifier board. Get one transformer's secondaries and wire one pair to the AC1 pads and the second pair to the AC2 pads on the power supply board. Those are the holes between the diodes.

The transformer should have markings for which the secondary wires are. For example, mine are marked Red+Green and Brown+Blue. So in my case - red and green go to the AC1 holes on the left side of the board and brown and blue go to the AC2 holes to the right side of the PSU board.

The primary windings are connected either in series or paralel depending on the mains voltage. What is yours - 115V or 230V ?

I thought the minimum was around 160VA? 100VA is pretty low isn't it? May strain the transformer...

Here is the link to the data sheet.
http://www.toroid.com/standard_transformers/rectifier_transformers/DataSheets/711.242_M4.pdf[/URL]

Someone with more experience correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like white/orange will go to AC Neutral and Black/Yellow will go to AC Hot.

As far as secondaries looks like brown/red for AC1 and orange/yellow for AC2.

Let someone else chime in to confirm b4 hooking it up.

-BB

Looks like Atilla and snknby123 have the right of it, so you are going to build 2 independently-powered LM3886 channels with dual rails (positive and negative supplies).

Your mains voltage is 117v so your primaries will be connected in parallel; white paired with orange and yellow paired with black for both transformers.

Brown/red to AC1 and orange/yellow to AC2 in the case of both rectifier boards, build them both exactly the same.

Have you read up on fuses and safety grounding? 117v is not low enough to be treated casually.

Be careful with toroidal transformers not to inadvertently create a shorted link.

w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.