E-Bay Amp, was a gift

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So my great wife was seeing how much I have started researching my newly found hobby and decided to give me a little gift. She went on e-bay and got me a pre-assembled gainclone amp. Needless to say, I was pretty happy to get it. I started doing a little research on it and found it on this site:

http://www.elecsky.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

It looks a little shady to me, the caps on my board have the same values on them, but are 'RX27' on the top label (RX21 in the pic), so are obvious knockoffs.

I was trying to get some detailed info on how to wire the unit together and any general ideas that you may have about the board.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I wish my wife was as nice as yours. Mine rolls her eyes back into her head when we discuss my little hobby.

Download the app note on the ebay auction for the LM3886 chip amp - pretty basic connections.

Not a bad price all in all including assembled and with heat sink...

Well, I do have to admit that I am pretty lucky!;)

Where do you see that ebay auction app note? Do you have a link? I am pretty confident doing work that someone else has verified, but I am at a loss when I need to figure it out myself.

I would rather ask for help then make a mistake when working with electricity, better to admit that I don't know then to end up proving Darwin's theory is right......

Re: Lucky dog!

lanchile said:
Wow,I wish I had a wife like yours.Mine does not care a bit of my staff.

You should quote and paraphrase from Psalms 23 "MY rod and staff shall comfort thee". Especially when it gets dark and the kids settle down.

Mirthfully, the Pfizer folks must have had some kid who was alert in Latin class to name their block buster male-enhancement drug as it was..

lanchile said:
can you translate that in english lol.:smash:

Virga = "twig, rod, staff, walking stick" in Latin -- the third leg of the trippus, i.e. something which you don't want to fall over.

So, now you know where Pfizer came up with the name for their little blue pill...it's not that the Pfizer folks are Classicists, it's that some of their marketing people are.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.