Question about Carlos's LM3886 circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a little confused by the schematic for Carlos's LM3886 amp (the circuit in this thread).

If I compare the National chip schematic to Carlos's, National shows the Input V+ as being pin 10 and the Input V- as pin 9. However Carlos's diagram implies that pin 9 is Input V+ and pin 10 is Input V-

Can someone please clarify the above. I suspect I am missing something fundamental between the difference of inverted and non inverted amps.

Thanks

Ok, so that means that R4 and C7 are connected in parallel to C2 and C3 (although R4 and C7 are connected in series with respect to each other), correct?

The attached file shows a simple one sided PCB design I've been working on for Carlos's circuit. I've only highlighted C2 and C3, plus V+ and Power Ground tracks. Can you confirm that I have C2 and C3 in parallel - I think I have, but I would like a second opinion.

Thanks

Attachments

• carlos pcb.jpg
    carlos pcb.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 343
I suggest PCB to get superior performance and save the trouble of instable mechanics and shorts due to loose pins and wires touching each other. As an add-on you can expect easier mounting and maintenance.

On the board move C3 as close as possible to the IC pins. Better still is to leave it out in the board and solder it directly to the pins from below the board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.