crossover 2-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like the view of colleagues in this forum on electronic crossover circuit to the frequency of transition between the woofers and low frequencies and high frequencies of 3.5 kHz.
I'm wanting to improve the circuit for better performance on the circuit.

crossover2ch.jpg

:smash:

This is a pretty standard Linkwitz-Riley 4th order using Sallen & Key filters, quality op-amps and input buffering. As long as power supply is clean & quiet and the circuit layout is good, you should filtering very nicely. Only thing I see missing is bandwidth management (DC and >22KHz i.e. RFI filtering)

I would suggest that improvements would come with tailoring the crossover filter responses to integrate with the driver responses and achieving the desired crossover response acoustically.

What speakers are you using? Do you have any data on them?

I see the tweeters have a Fs at 4KHz which means crossing over at 3.5KHz is going to introduce a bit of distortion into the treble. Just to make things worse, a 10" woofer is going to be breaking up in this region also. If you can get acoustic responses for these speakers in your cabinets it may be possible to clean things up with an asymmetric XO, with a high order HPF on the tweeter and a low order LPF on the woofer but impossible to do without the acoustic data.

Regarding RFI, I was thinking more of input filtering to prevent demodulation on the input op-amp stage. It's always good to control your bandwidth.

Do you have this system up and running already or are you planning to build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.