one channel chip dead????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
one channel in my chip amp has decided to pass away. At first i connected the input wire to the lead from one channel chip amp sound came out then faded away and came back and then just died.

I have measured via plus and minus of the power cable to it and it is receiving power. I have checked input leads they are connected and are conducting (performed multimeter continuity test). chnaged input leads other way around. and even chnaged speakers and tested each speaker wire.

Can someone explain to me why my chip 3875 had to die ??? it is cold not warm on the heatsinks.

I think the chip 3875 has burnt itself out.

the other channel chip amp is warm when i play music, so i know that is working.

i have had the amplifier for almost 6 months working and then the bastrd died.

if he does not warm up he is receiving no power.
if there is voltage at the leads outside:perhaps a broken connection lead-innerside-caused by mechanical stress or strain.
first soldering the amp at the board and then fixed to the heatsink?
perhaps this can help you.
greetings.............

will perform that i am sure the damn stupid chip has died does ahve some kind of smell but i cannot make it out if it burn smell or just wiring smell.

will perform the follwoing steps you have suggested in the morning.

But i greatly thank you all people for repying and helping me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.