RF/EMI in the AC line?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello fellas! I always hear people talking about RF/EMI in the AC line but, I never heard the real thing...until I got a WIDEBAND POWERLINE NOISE ANALYZER. Wow, there is so much going on there forget it!.Now I can hear the AC noise (radio station and buzzing).I got an AC filter (RF/EMI).what a difference.With my new toy,I always plug it to any AC outlet and listen to how much noise I can hear from them some are really loud and radio station is so clear I can understand all what they are talking.I strongly recommend you to use RF/EMI filters. even though you can not see or listen to RF/EMI...trust me they are there!. Good luck. :cheers:

LOL..Some one needs to tell my neighbors to get an encrypted phone. I hear them all the time through various electronics in my house. I think I may build a 900Mhz transmitter and tell them the hard way. Too bad I don't speak Mexican though. :devilr:

I have read that you can use a small x-cap across the hot and neutral to clean some of that up. Other than building a Faraday cage around your house you pretty much just have to deal with it. Even that would only filter the interference from the outside. Anything you create domestically will still be there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.