OPA2132PA in Shanling Cd T80

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys. I've decided to upgrade the stock ICs in my Shanling Cd T80 to OPA2132PA's

A few questions to help me:

1) How many Do I need?

2) Will the OPA2132PAs simply install in the same IC socket after I pull the old ones out?

3) Do I buy the Single, Dual, or quad versions?

4) Are all the OPA2132PA's the same sonically? Does it matter where I buy them?

Many thanks for all your help.
Retro.

I don't have a CD-T80, but from what I can gather from the web it contains three OPA2604AP. Replacing these with the op-amp mentioned should work fine.

You can get samples of OPA2132P/PA from TI. I have some other op-amps that would work well, some of which can't be sampled (OPA2134PA, OPA134PA on browndog adapter, OPA2227). I also have LM4562 which is a nice op-amp.

Yes you need to order three OPA2132PA's for your Shanling CD-T80. They sound really good in this CD player. You might also want to try the LM4562's as well for a more neutral sound. I'd say the OPA2132's are better for Rock/Dance though.

At some point look into changing the cheap output valves too. I'd say that made more difference for me than changing the op-amps.

- John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.