Intrest Check: 120w @ 8ohm Tube Buffered LM3875 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Luck said:
Hi rhysh ,
Great job!!!Do you have an output delay design in the PCB?
I means when the power on, the tube is heating,there will be a big noise signal input to LM375,it can damige the speaker easily.

I decided to do a input delay, instead of output. This allows me to keep the board smaller by using smaller relays and to also allow people to use their own method of speaker protection if needed, as there are countless methods people may want to implament.

Rhys

YES,i make my preamplifier as the same way.you can see in the attached picture.i use a relay...

Attachments

• srpp_pcb.jpg
    srpp_pcb.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 524
What's the deal, are you hogging these super cool PCB's for yourself? Actually, I am happy they have taken so long to produce, it has allowed me some time to do a lot of reading, so maybe when it does show up, it might get built correctly. Then again I'm a rookie... or maybe virgin is the correct term.

Hi everyone, sorry i missed the thread reply. Basicly i have had to build up a PCB before i send them all out, as this is the first run, but a couple of things have been out of stock.

I know it has been a long wait, thats why i am going to say if you want your money back thats fine with me.

If you want to wait, i will include free LM3875's for everyone, as i would really like to see people with this amp built and working.

R

I suggest that we turn this potential setback into a positive. I purpose a "Burning Resistor Festival". I say that we all could gather in the south of Spain or Italy sometime in July, drink huge amounts of beer while scantly clad supermodels dance suggestively around a huge burning effigy of a resistor,all the while Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin plays in the back ground. To bad it wont play on my 8ohm Tube Buffered LM3875 Amplifier, you know, it has a burnt resistor. We could turn this in to a live show, we could call it Resistorstock, as long as the scantly clad supermodels are still invited. We could sell T-shirts with the logo " Brotherhood of the Burnt Resistor" and have our own signature brew... of course...Burnt Resistor Stout, I could see the reviews now "quite pungent and smokey with a little burnt taste".

My mind is a-rollin with ideas....screw the crummy economy.. this is a gold mine!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.