my first lm4780 chipamp works and wow!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just completed my cipamp using the peter daniel lm4780 kit and its just wonderful the sound coming from this.

i used to think you need lots of power to frive floorstanders but im only using one half of peter daniels dual mono lm4780 kit in stereo configuration without the zobel components on the rectifier pcb.

im driving a pair of giant mordaunt short ms908s and temporarily using my ipod mini as a source

the highs and midrange is so much clearerand the bass is taut and fast.

all this comes from a gur who couldnt listen to his system without relying on a dac to feed audio from his computer to his amps.

(i had a cambridge audio dacmagic 2i,c500 control amplifier, and 2 p500 power amplifiers in biamp modebut sold them all when i ran out of money)

but im so happy cos the time i put into this chipamp has paid dividends.

im now thinking of incorporating the second half of the peter daniel kit ito the gainclone to see how much i can push it.

no hiss, thumps or bumps but i bought a speaker protection kit circuit from ebay to protect my expensive speakers.

Attachments

• 3004090063_e3cdcd84b6.jpg
    3004090063_e3cdcd84b6.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 904
wow!!!

I tried my ipod (iphone) with the craddle that has a line out but
in MY opinion it sounds terrible. both with the 1875 and 3875

Speakers Peerless and Pioneer sets

the only way i get quality sound is via a cd player and DVD player.

Maybe you should try it alos, might give you even more WOWs!
not sure what happens witht he sound from ipod and phone but something along the processing somethign gets dumped and added that should not be there. Probably only in MY set up.

Jean-Pierre

very true my friend,

as my dac and passive preamp is still under construction, i just did a few crude tests to make sure that the amp is working perfectly, and i have to say that the performance is outstanding.

just out of intersest

i also in process of incorporate an auto standby circuit for automatically putting the amp into standby if there is an absence of an input signal after 15 minutes and i just finished a speaker protection module which works perfectly as well

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.