Balanced Audio Volume Controller with PGA2310

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am designing the Balanced Audio Volume Controller with PGA2310. Almostly, people use PGA2310 as un-balaned audio volume controller so that there are many request to design the balanced digital volume controller, so this project started.

Features listed below.

Input :
Balanced Stereo : 1EA
Unbalanced Stereo : 3EA
Output :
Balanced Stereo : 1EA
Unbalanced Stereo : 1EA
Display :
VFD(16 characterics x 2 Lines)
Volume Control :
Encoder for Volume, Mute On/Off and selecting Input
Remote Controller
PC-Based Software.
Channel.
PC-Based Software(usb linked)

Link : http://digi-hifi.com/?pt=bv&st=local&pc=audio&no=42

The PC-based program is free. and the pcb is under assemblying and programming.
so i'll show it soon.

Attachments

• a-one_600.jpg
    a-one_600.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 603
I have several of the PGA2310's that I've been wanting to
use for balanced in/out controller but taken to six or even
eight channels for full surround set. I know that levels can
be set individually but I haven't come across any software
to do this yet. Would this work? I'm pretty sure program
for this unit is stereo, but looking for something easy to
mod to individually trim channels.

Wow 18 channel..

mbcouple said:
Will your board allow "stacking" for more channels? I have a project in the works that would require 18 channels of volume control. Also, does your board allow volume offset on a per/channel basis to allow correction of driver sensitivities?

Thanks
Hans

Wow 18channel volume? I think it's possible if I enlarge the pcb size, but What i should decide, is the way how to control. Computer-based control or button is ok. and Even I should consider the display. Led or LCD, and Etc.

I would look for remote control for everyday use, and PC for setting the volume offsets. It would be nice if you could design your board so that they can just be stacked, or add more channels as you go. That way as users need more channels, they just purchase additional boards.

mbcouple said:
I would look for remote control for everyday use, and PC for setting the volume offsets. It would be nice if you could design your board so that they can just be stacked, or add more channels as you go. That way as users need more channels, they just purchase additional boards.

I already designed usb controller on the board. so users can control volume, mute, standby on/off and even change the input channel names. ^^

Further, I'll add the more input channels on the board on the next generation board. ^^

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.