cheap Chinese amp modules on ebay . Anyone know what they are ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, while meandering around on ebay I noticed lots of 2 channel integrated amps being sold in a small package, and designed to run from a 12v supply. they cost around $20 (prices varies depending on wether or not you have free postage) and seem to come from Hong Kong.

This is an example, and I wondered if anyone knows what they use internally ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hi-Fi-Audio-S...temQQimsxZ20081020?IMSfp=TL081020127003r10192

It says 180 W + 180 W , into 4 ohms I guess as the load impedance range is quoted as 4 to 16 ohms.
Power supply requirement is 12 V at 6 Amps. Thats 72 watts power consumption and 360 watts power output ! That means the output power is about 5 times the input power !

That explains all I guess.
:D

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
jives11 said:

This is an example, and I wondered if anyone knows what they use internally ?

Ashok summed it up with the magical power output.

I like the specs, minimum THD - is that with the unit turned off?

Attachments

• 115.png
    115.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,268
I recently saw a car amplifier with 10 kW output power :att'n: on eBay. That's 13,6 HP at 100 % efficiency. :hot:
Add the air conditioning you need to get rid of all that dissipated heat, and a small car might be left with no power at all to move. :devilr:
Of course the motor would also have to fight against additional weight from the cables you need for 10000 W / 12 V = 833,3 A plus losses.

Now, how much Chinese Watts does it take to make a normal Watt?
Maybe the demands on the car are not as bad as they seem? :D

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Redshift187 said:
Google PMPO. It's a useless rating a lot of cheap equipment is using now.

And fooling the average Joe. It's at the point where a true 500 watt sub amp sounds ridiculously under powered.
HT in a box with 1500 watts! Amplified computer speakers = 400 watts.
Oh, car audio. Lets not forget about those ratings.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Re: I just brought one

albin said:
add up the cost of the bits you can see in the photo,possibly a free tripath chip in there.not bad.
regards
max albin

Junk parts. Not worth the shipping or waiting around for it to come.
Scrap an old Technics or Pioneer receivers and you'll get some useful parts. $5-$10 at Goodwill. Better yet, leave them intact and use them. Only about a billion time better than that schlock.

Re: china is strange but acceptable

albin said:
how do we know?
I Love sound,anyway it comes,maybe they do to
regards
max

Thanks for the input. I'd be interested to know what's inside it. a tiny 12v based non-critical amp module is actually pretty useful. I have 3 T-amps just providing reasonable sound for PC speakers setups. With China anything is possible

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.