LM3875 on Veroboard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would not recommend it. The pin pitch of the LM3875 doesn't really match veroboard. Also, the tracks are not really thick enough to carry current for an amplifier.

If you can't etch PCB's you can cut tracks into a piece of board using a good knife and some planning on graph paper.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just to add:

I've built amps with the 3886 and 4766, both with much higher pin density than the 3875, without any board at all, just purely P2P. Also, I use SMD X7R caps directly on the 3886 pins for bypass (extremely difficult to do well as a slight pull from a power wire breaks these ceramics in two), so what you're looking at is surely possible as the 3875 is a lot simpler.

I'm so used to it now I can practically replicate a layout each time, but I choose to look at reducing the size of the build every time. The last one I did used 1/2 watt Holcos instead of the 1/8 watt films I normally use, so it was a little more challenging, but it runed out decently in the end.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.