Car audio LM3886 + SMPS on single sided board - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2008, 04:17 PM   #31
rwaudio is offline rwaudio  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to rwaudio
ide2003 try and make sure the ferrite toroid is suitable for a transformer. Yes I'm using the SG3525, it is simple to use and setup and works fairly well.
Almost all parts listed on the BOM are what I actually used to build the first version (other than the C12, C13 which I had many 1000uf caps on hand and the fuse holder which wasn't part of the pcb when I milled the first one since I used external fusing for testing)

Do you have a method of etching/milling your own pcb? it almost defeats the purpose to have these made at a board house because it was designed as single layer for diy use.
Old 18th November 2008, 06:09 PM   #32
ide2003 is offline ide2003  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rwaudio
ide2003 try and make sure the ferrite toroid is suitable for a transformer. Yes I'm using the SG3525, it is simple to use and setup and works fairly well.
Almost all parts listed on the BOM are what I actually used to build the first version (other than the C12, C13 which I had many 1000uf caps on hand and the fuse holder which wasn't part of the pcb when I milled the first one since I used external fusing for testing)

Do you have a method of etching/milling your own pcb? it almost defeats the purpose to have these made at a board house because it was designed as single layer for diy use.
thanks for your tips rwaudio, I haven't checked the toroid yet but the size is about correct, my friend have used them for radar baloon? (don't quite understand this)..as for the pcb should be no problem, I have built a mini cnc for small parts..back in 2005, still working well

TeguhPS
Old 18th November 2008, 10:58 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

ide2003 are you using mach3 on your mini cnc?
if so I can send you the g-code directly when it's finished since that's what I use on my cnc machine.

Attached is the first version of the schematic, I haven't double checked everything yet so please use it for reference or learning. Please don't build from that schematic yet until I am able to confirm it. Also snubbers will probably be added to both the power supply and amplifier outputs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rw audio amp schematic.jpg (97.6 KB, 1068 views)
Old 19th November 2008, 10:59 PM   #34
ide2003 is offline ide2003  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rwaudio
ide2003 are you using mach3 on your mini cnc?
if so I can send you the g-code directly when it's finished since that's what I use on my cnc machine.

Attached is the first version of the schematic, I haven't double checked everything yet so please use it for reference or learning. Please don't build from that schematic yet until I am able to confirm it. Also snubbers will probably be added to both the power supply and amplifier outputs.
Thanks for the schematic rwaudio-really appreciated it-I know, I have to study a lot before building your PSU

I have also checked many threads in power supply here-it's not easy-needs a lot of good help, from you here and my EE friend.

I'm still using the turbocnc 4.2, my dynabook is too slow for mach3, but gcode is very welcome

TPS
Old 24th November 2008, 06:47 PM   #35
Stream is offline Stream  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Stream
Hello. Can You help me with selecting right ferrite core. I did not found the same core as you used...

The list of availible cores is here:
http://www.promelec.ru/catalog_info/54/132/523/292/
Here are dimensions : OD*Id*H

And here is parametres of cores:
http://www.promelec.ru/catalog_info/54/132/522/290/

Thanks.
Old 25th November 2008, 07:03 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Hello Stream,

I had a look at both of those pages, but I'm not a ferrite expert. I don't know if those cores are close enough to the type 77 that most people recommend. Here is a page that lists a little more info on the core I chose I hope that helps.
http://www.bytemark.com/products/fermat77.htm
I'm using the F140-77

You might try contacting the company from the links you listed and ask them for a core suitable for SMPS or reference the type 77 core and ask if they have something comparable.
Old 1st December 2008, 02:29 PM   #37
bero16v is offline bero16v  Croatia
diyAudio Member

hi everyone...
But were is the primary filter coil for +12 rail? To prevent peaks fly over car instalations?

Outervise great project...

Sorry my english is bad...
Old 26th July 2009, 10:12 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Default What is wire Size (awg) for work with T1

I am interested for your DIY. I am try to finding copper wire size compatible for T1. Please advise
Old 27th July 2009, 01:56 AM   #39
Stream is offline Stream  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Stream
Hello.
rwaudio, Did you finished your project? I'm very interested on final PSU schematic
Old 16th November 2010, 06:03 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Hi RWaudio,

i dont know if i am reviving an old and dead thread that no one bothers to check on; but i would really love to have/fab this amp.

did you get around to finishing it? if so, would you be kind enough to share the results with us?

thanks,
madhu.

Hide this!Advertise here!