LM3886 based Amp -Upgrade advice please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I own a Cambridge audio 340A SE Integrated amplifier. I have allready modded the Preamp stage and apart from a minor buzz problem (this will be fixed soon) the sound is getting really good. I want to turn my attention to the power stages but I'm afraid this is where my knowledge and experience runs out.

As I understand it the poweramp stage is basically a Gainclone, it uses the LM3886 Chip. I have read good things about the DIY Gainclo

I would hope the Cambridge amp has such caps near to the chip already.

There is not much you can really do there.If I know Cambridge they have used cheap crappy electrolytic capacitors. You could swap them all out with good quality ones but I don't know how much difference it would make.

The main target is the main power supply capacitors. Check out what brand and size these are. Replace them with something decent, and bypass them with small polyester capacitors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.