My First Chip amp project - TA7270P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I am going to try my hand at building a chip amp.

I am recycling a Toshiba TA7270P from an old 7 Band EQ/Booster for Automobile stereos. (The EQ chip from that side, a Sanyo LA3607, will be sourced for another project)

My plan is to run it in Dual mode, just to start somewhere. This will be my first Stereo Solid state project after building a few all tube guitar amps.

I will probably run it at 12V and into 8 Ohm speakers.... I gotta start somewhere...

I search the forums and only found 1 reference to a TA7270P Chip... it must be real old school...

If anyone has some thoughts of inputs, please let me know.

Apart from its age there are several more reasons, why you find so little about it.
  • - It is a dedicated car amplifier, so probably has bad ripple rejection.
    - It is not widely available for DIY use, more like an OEM product, also meaning it probably does not have any outstanding qualities.
    - It can only deliver little output power.
    - It has early roll-off on both ends of the frequency range.
Maybe the datasheet can help you. Other than that the same rules apply as for any other of the chipamps in the forum.

Thanks for the reply.

I found the datasheet a while back, but thanks for the link.

It says its good for 20 Hz to 20 kHz.. but that could be a bit stretched.. ;)

I also saw that it has a limited "clean" output, but I figure it is a good way to try a chip amp at a very low cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.