Olle:s first chipamp with LM3886! Board layout?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yesterday I stayed up late and soldered the last components. Three o'clock this morning it was finished!
I must say it sounds great!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The blue tube preamplifier (aikido) is not used at the moment. I use my Squeezebox player with it's volume control directly to the amplifier!

The boards are designed for dual mono with power supply and amplifier-circuit at the same board. This requires two separate transformers which I didn't have.

Actually I use two transformers with single secondary, so I made a larger power supply for both channels instead!
I put some film caps on the board...

You people are right! The LM3886 is good ;)

It sound's good! I have been playing music every day the last three months and I really like it! :)
I don't miss my harman/kardon at all :cool:

I used miguel:s design without modifications. It works's great, but I don't know if there are better layout's out there...

I'm not an engineer, I just like to build stuff designed by them ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.