Looking for a PCB or layout for an LME49830 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aren't the diagrams of the board shot at 100% ? -- if so you can print the adobe file on overhead transparency material, and, using some photosensitive board -- burn your own PCB's in a bout an hour. this is what I do.

Even if the diagrams are not shot at 100% you can use the scale feature in adobe acrobat to print to your desired magnification.

Hi All,

i just bought 2x amp kit second hand, the board is from cp design. it has 1 lme49830 and 4xirfp9240 and 1x c5171. I have 2x PSU for these amps as well.

I'm looking for more info regarding supply voltages. PSU has caps rated at 71V, according to ti info +-65VDC is recomanded. can anybody help me? I cannot find any info with google. only other lme49830 designs pop up.

Thanks,

Coen

Attachments

• kit_001.jpg
    kit_001.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 204
  • psu_002.jpg
    psu_002.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 203
I don't know of any electrolytic capacitors rated @ 71V ("PSU has caps rated at 71V,")

They are generally available in 63V, 75V, 80V and 100V ratings for long term use.
Each manufacturer has ratings for slight overload for the short term and again overload rating for very short term transients.

You choose the transformer you need to meet your power output requirements.
From there you can calculate or measure the worst case voltages out of the PSU.
You buy capacitors that are rated higher than the worst case highest output voltage.

No.
Vout = Mains Voltage / Rated primary voltage * Rated secondary voltage * {1+ transformer regulation}
Then apply sqrt(2) to find the peak voltage that is applied to the rectifiers.
The smoothing tries to store the voltage after the rectifiers.

And after you do all that then find out what your maximum mains voltage is and re-do all your predictions.

You may find that your 71V capacitors are way overvoltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.