Parallel LM3886 Chipamp layout (PA100)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So i honestly stolen this design from the www and made a layout.
No point in inventing the wheel again and again. :angel:

The layout is starting to look nice but i could always use a few more eyes to spot the erros.

Schematic.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And the layout.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What say you all? :)

/JZ

AndrewT, Of course it is,, Thanx! :rolleyes:

And thanx for commenting :)

Mmm. Well they are not that long, about 30mm between caps and screwterminals, And as you see, they can very easy be made shorter.:)

Noticed and i,ll fix that in the "mix" ;)

Nothing more AndrewT?

/JZ

zei said:
.....they are not that long, about 30mm between caps and screwterminals,.....
How long is it between the rightmost 100nF decoupling cap and the leftmost power pin of the left hand chipamp?
The other power pins are similarly crippled.

Do you really need parallel? Change to efficient 8ohm speakers.
What about the tolerance of the matching components to allow parallel to work correctly?

Mmm.. you are right, it is abit long. I,ll see if i can shorten it as much as possible.

matching components should,nt be that difficult.

I get the feeling that you think the parallel chipamp is a bad idé all in all? It seems to be kind of popular to build :)

/JZ

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
The decoupling can be tacked on the bottom afterwards if needed. I see the power leads are very thin and this goes against the idea of these paralleled to handle more current.
Running between the pins on the footprint of the LM doesn't give much room. Better to move these in order to make them wider.

Attachments

• 1a1.gif
    1a1.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 506
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.