Zen-LA 5.1 Amplifier (based on LM3886) is making noises

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all, allow me to introduce myself, this is my first post on this forum, I'm Daniel (eagle) I work for a hardware reviews site and I love electronics and Amplifiers but this is a hobby to me right now, i don't have a lot of knoledge on the matter.

Ok, the problem is as follows.

I have an 5.1 amplifier based on LM3886 from a company called Zen-La, the amplifier is for PC and soundcards.

A week ago, the amp got screwed, it would turn on but then, I hear the 50hz AC on all speakers, at first I was thinking I lost it, but after disarming it and analyzing it, I found out that the central cpu which controls automatic input, volume (digital) and echo effects was fried, I really don't know why becasue I didn't connect it or reconnect it to anything prior to this, it was always connected to the PC and a Creative X-Fi soundcard.

Well, I manage to bypass the CPU and connect the 5.1 inputs directly to the Amps with a serie of 10uf capacitors, all is well when I'm listening to music, but, as soon as I stop it and nothing comes from the soundcard I get all this horrible "static" I mean, i could hear the mouse moving, the hard disks spinning, all through the 5 speakers of my amp.

What is wrong? I tried different series of capacitors to no avail, I apply a regulated pots to each line in and still, the interference and PC noises persist in the signal.

Is there a way to filter this out?

Thank you in advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.