Zen-LA 5.1 Amplifier (based on LM3886) is making noises - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2008, 05:34 PM   #1
EagleDM is offline EagleDM  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to EagleDM
Default Zen-LA 5.1 Amplifier (based on LM3886) is making noises

Hello to all, allow me to introduce myself, this is my first post on this forum, I'm Daniel (eagle) I work for a hardware reviews site and I love electronics and Amplifiers but this is a hobby to me right now, i don't have a lot of knoledge on the matter.

Ok, the problem is as follows.

I have an 5.1 amplifier based on LM3886 from a company called Zen-La, the amplifier is for PC and soundcards.

A week ago, the amp got screwed, it would turn on but then, I hear the 50hz AC on all speakers, at first I was thinking I lost it, but after disarming it and analyzing it, I found out that the central cpu which controls automatic input, volume (digital) and echo effects was fried, I really don't know why becasue I didn't connect it or reconnect it to anything prior to this, it was always connected to the PC and a Creative X-Fi soundcard.

Well, I manage to bypass the CPU and connect the 5.1 inputs directly to the Amps with a serie of 10uf capacitors, all is well when I'm listening to music, but, as soon as I stop it and nothing comes from the soundcard I get all this horrible "static" I mean, i could hear the mouse moving, the hard disks spinning, all through the 5 speakers of my amp.

What is wrong? I tried different series of capacitors to no avail, I apply a regulated pots to each line in and still, the interference and PC noises persist in the signal.

Is there a way to filter this out?

Thank you in advance!

Hide this!Advertise here!