Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2008, 02:19 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Volume Control For Dual TDA1516BQ Amp

Hi All

I picked up the remnants of an amplifier kit to use in my arcade cabinet for an old game that doesnt have an onboard amplifier chip, Gauntlet but the way

The board uses 2 Philips TDA1516BQ amps

Datasheet Link

and has no onboard volume control, so I am planning on picking up a dual gang pot to connect in the signal input path. The trouble is I have no idea what resistance pot to get, or if this is the way to do it.

Any suggestions? I admit the above question is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but is there a ball park figure for the pot?

Cheers

David
Old 1st September 2008, 09:55 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Well I did some experimenting last night, with 2K in the signal path the amp doesnt risk blowing the windows out. Will get a 10K dual gang pot today and wire it up.

Hide this!Advertise here!