Speaker for your low power amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm making a frugal horn (www.frugal-horn.com) to go with my amp. These speakers use a single driver and rely on expertly designed wave guides to reinforce the sound. You can have a very low power source and still have a decent sounding speaker. Best of all it's a diy.
I'm putting together a group buy for wood cone speakers. Of course they have some draw backs because the increased mass of the cone. However they look fantastic.
Each 6.5 inch, 8 ohm speaker driver will cost you $40 plus delivery to your house. I need a minimum order of 50 but I'm willing to buy the last 10 on credit and sell them later if I can get 40 paid for in advance.
Please see this link:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128753
I am posting this in this forum because lower power chip amps benifit from an efficient speaker.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask. These retail for $79.99.
Check out the group buy for a speaker as cool looking as your chip amp.

Attachments

• fr179b-11.jpg
    fr179b-11.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 148
Thank you for reading this post. It's purpose is to introduce a group buy for a fairly rare wood cone speaker that normally sells for much more.

I hope you will join us.

Can we please not get off on a tangent here. If you don't have something to post that further's the goal of the group buy, please keep your comments to yourself.

Some people are getting together for the benifit of members who want this speaker. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But if you discourage people from joining the buy and we don't get the minimum number then the deal is off and I will have to refund money to everyone who already joined.

I'm looking out for the people who have already committed money to the buy.

I appreciate your consideration.

Thanks,
Spencer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.