Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2008, 01:54 PM   #1
ppchiu is offline ppchiu  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default HiFiDIY's LM4780

Has anyone heard/built HiFiDIY's LM4780? After the currency exchange, it's about $120 CDN so it seems like a fair price for what you're getting (you get what you see in the pics below).

http://translate.google.com/translat...sl=zh-CN&tl=en
Old 23rd August 2008, 04:22 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EmergencyDpt
Looks nice to me.
Let me know how it sounds.
Old 24th August 2008, 12:44 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to kuldeepsingh
preety good and very compact in terms of minimum signal wiring length.
Old 24th August 2008, 12:58 AM   #4
ruerose is offline ruerose  Canada
diyAudio Member

For clarity, this seems to be a Special Olympic Edition of a LM4780 Kit from hifidiy.net

I couldn't seem to find a "SKU" for the complete kit, but if for as you say $120, thats got very decent value. A cursory search (since I've never seen the site before that they do ship to NA. But I get the impression the language barrier makes the process a little less transparent and difficult than it needs to be. I think what he really needs is a NA/british dealer to translate and sell his stuff to the english markets directly.
Old 24th August 2008, 05:21 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ruerose
For clarity, this seems to be a Special Olympic Edition of a LM4780 Kit from hifidiy.net

I couldn't seem to find a "SKU" for the complete kit, but if for as you say $120, thats got very decent value. A cursory search (since I've never seen the site before that they do ship to NA. But I get the impression the language barrier makes the process a little less transparent and difficult than it needs to be. I think what he really needs is a NA/british dealer to translate and sell his stuff to the english markets directly.

$120 CDN is a rough currency conversion. http://shop.hifidiy.net/product/249.htm

Keep in mind that this price is for sales within China only. Fortunately I'm able to ask a relative in HK to order it for me. Their US site sells it for quite a bit more I believe due to the middle man they use to sell to the english market.
Old 24th August 2008, 05:26 AM   #6
ruerose is offline ruerose  Canada
diyAudio Member

thats what group buys are for.
Old 24th August 2008, 06:59 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I'll let everyone know when it arrives. I ordered this along aswell. http://shop.hifidiy.net/product/252.htm
Old 24th August 2008, 09:14 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EmergencyDpt
Oooh , looks delicious. Shiny...
Keep us posted. I'll bet it's a really good sounding set up. Love the tube.
Old 18th September 2008, 07:08 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hey guys,

I just finished building the DAC and Amp. I was so surprised at the quality of the enclosure as well as the PCB. I think just the enclosure itself weighs around 5~10 pounds. The PCB is really top notch and the components that came with it were Dale resisters and Nichonion (SP?) caps. I'm really new to this stuff so I don't really know any better but I know I've seen those names on these forums before.

I built the amp first because it had very few components on it. The overall sound was pretty good. I used it to drive my B&W 303s. The mids and highs were very nice but it seemed to be missing some low end compared to a vintage Fisher 500c tube amp I have. Special features include the relay that's used as a DC offset protection, and tube buffer.

The DAC is amazing! I've never heard my MP3s so clear before. I built it for the USB input and I am truly impressed. Both the amp and the dac have a tube buffer and together, it sounded much better than when I hooked up to a mini denon Cd player. Seemed to add the lows that were missing and it sounded very warm, much like a tube amp.

All together I paid around 2300 HKD which works to around 300CAD so I think it's a very decent deal considering that included everything ( parts, transformer, enclosure ). I noticed a lot of kits don't include the last 2.
Old 20th September 2008, 09:29 AM   #10
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi,
if the sound matches the photo quality then you're guaranteed a winner.

Hide this!Advertise here!