HiFiDIY's LM4780

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For clarity, this seems to be a Special Olympic Edition of a LM4780 Kit from hifidiy.net

I couldn't seem to find a "SKU" for the complete kit, but if for as you say $120, thats got very decent value. A cursory search (since I've never seen the site before that they do ship to NA. But I get the impression the language barrier makes the process a little less transparent and difficult than it needs to be. I think what he really needs is a NA/british dealer to translate and sell his stuff to the english markets directly.

ruerose said:
For clarity, this seems to be a Special Olympic Edition of a LM4780 Kit from hifidiy.net

I couldn't seem to find a "SKU" for the complete kit, but if for as you say $120, thats got very decent value. A cursory search (since I've never seen the site before that they do ship to NA. But I get the impression the language barrier makes the process a little less transparent and difficult than it needs to be. I think what he really needs is a NA/british dealer to translate and sell his stuff to the english markets directly.

$120 CDN is a rough currency conversion. http://shop.hifidiy.net/product/249.htm

Keep in mind that this price is for sales within China only. Fortunately I'm able to ask a relative in HK to order it for me. Their US site sells it for quite a bit more I believe due to the middle man they use to sell to the english market.

Hey guys,

I just finished building the DAC and Amp. I was so surprised at the quality of the enclosure as well as the PCB. I think just the enclosure itself weighs around 5~10 pounds. The PCB is really top notch and the components that came with it were Dale resisters and Nichonion (SP?) caps. I'm really new to this stuff so I don't really know any better but I know I've seen those names on these forums before.

I built the amp first because it had very few components on it. The overall sound was pretty good. I used it to drive my B&W 303s. The mids and highs were very nice but it seemed to be missing some low end compared to a vintage Fisher 500c tube amp I have. Special features include the relay that's used as a DC offset protection, and tube buffer.

The DAC is amazing! I've never heard my MP3s so clear before. I built it for the USB input and I am truly impressed. Both the amp and the dac have a tube buffer and together, it sounded much better than when I hooked up to a mini denon Cd player. Seemed to add the lows that were missing and it sounded very warm, much like a tube amp.

All together I paid around 2300 HKD which works to around 300CAD so I think it's a very decent deal considering that included everything ( parts, transformer, enclosure ). I noticed a lot of kits don't include the last 2.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.