AMP10 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
For some reason I mistakenly posted these questions on the d-amp forum. I'm so...scatterbrained at the moment.

I put together my first diy project (electronics that is).

I was searching craigslist for an amplifier and came across an unbuilt AMP10 for $45. So I bought a soldering iron and put it together.

My soldering is...improving. I burned a pad off of one of the caps (c29). and I"m only getting sound from one channel. Also the amp cycle in and out of MUTE. Not sure if that's related.

So I'm wondering how to fix the lost pad. Has anyone built this amp and has a good idea of what I can jump that lead to now that it's pad is gone?

After reading the instructions I found that the volume of my source may be causing the cycling... I'll have to worry about that after I get the second channel up and running.

Here is a link to a little slide show. Not sure how to post so...

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/EmergencyDpt/?action=view&current=a3e78433.pbw

Hi.
Just to update.
The 41hz.com AMP10 chip amp is finished on the bench.
I played it last night for two hours. Wow, what a nice sound.
The people on the 41hz.com forum were absolutely wonderful in their support. With that said I have to mention that there was no support from 41hz itself. I guess they are making so much money that dealing with people trying to build their amp is too much work. Too bad because with quality of the sound coming out of that thing, I could really get behind this and promote for newcomers to the hobby (of which I'm one).

The amp has a totally different sound than what I expected. I thought it was going to be a sterile and top heavey sound that would be difficult to listen too. I was looking for a tube preamp to warm it up. After listening to it from several different sets of speakers including Magnepans, Advents, ElectroVoice, Dana Sound, and whatever else happend to be sitting in the garage, I've come to the conclusion that this is truely a special peice of equipment with a clean sound without coloring. I heard things in the Sade "Love Deluxe" album I've never heard before. I could hear the mixer bringing different things to the front and then sliding them back behind her voice.

I plan on spending the next few days just listening to it with all my material.

For my next project I think a full range speaker set like something found on Frugalhorn.com would make a nice accompanyment fo this set.

I'll keep you informed.

LISTEN!

Or perhaps they aren't making so much money and the guy running it needs to have a day-job. So he doesn't have the time to answer questions unless he substantially raises his low prices. ;)

I think that the forum IS the tech support system that Jan has.
Ive always had my queries and problems quickly sorted by the people on the 41Hz forum.
Glad you like the amp, the tripaths get a hammering from class AB people, mostly because "nothing that cheap could sound good" but they are sweet little peices of kit.:spin:

I agree...I have a newly stuffed amp10 on my test rig right now and had a few stumbling blocks along the way. Popped a couple pads off the board...pretty disconcerting but with some calm studying of the schematic and help from the boards, good to go now.

I can't wait to finally get this amp in an enclosure and give it some good burn in with the "house" system...Even on my crappy little BIC Venturi's this amp sounds very nice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.