Snubberized Regulated Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All,

I'm planning to build a snubberised regulated PS as per Carlos FM design for my next LM3876 project.

Using the Carlos FM PS circuit, would it be beneficial for the sound quality if I instal 2 (two) 3Amp EI transformers instead of one trafo only?

Many many thanks in advance!!

Hi Nuuk...

Thanks for your advise:) ... in deed the overall system does count.. plus the listening environment too

Couple of questions:
1) Instead of LM338.. can I use LM317? Honestly, this type is what I got for the time being... :confused:

2) I try to follow the component layout of regulated PS from your website :D ... but a bit confused.. So, the negative rail will use adjustment leg of the regulator, right(not the output leg)? :confused:

Look forward to have your further advise,

Kind regards,

The LM338, is a 10Amp max, 7Amp continuous positive adjustable voltage regulator.
It is the simplest way to implement a high current power supply. If you want to use the 317, the circuit will be much more complicated due to the need of adding an external power transistor....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.