TEA2025 alternatives - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2008, 02:29 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

You might see some improvement by removing the pot and using a DPDT switch with a few select resistor values set to your normal and low listening levels. I have had much success in the past by doing so and also doing the shunt mod. (Not the law fake shunt mod. This one http://www.wduk.worldomain.net/forum...read.php?t=198) The problem you will run into with the shunt is it will attenuate signal some and I don't think you have much to spare.

The alps blue is a good pot but it's not better than no pot.
Old 14th December 2008, 06:12 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Hmm, 2.5w, good bass, slightly toppy, smooth clear mids. . . That's just the thing for full range speakers. Perhaps some of the tang band? There's a goodly amount of available documented projects for those. There's often a notch filter involved, but a splurge on the inductor gauge (use thick wire inductor) will help preserve the efficiency.

I think that we all need a cute little "relax" system that's breathlessly clear, realistic, and takes up almost no space. . . because the "listening room" is not the exclusive location for music.

In my opinion, I think that you should preserve this project as a reference point, and I think that you should employ it at a location in your office or home, where it can be enjoyed regularly.

Congrats on the fine project!
With such good attention to detail, I can't wait to see what your next project will look like.
Old 14th December 2008, 11:48 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the ideas on volume controls. I'd also like to add a extra input with a small toggle switch.

Further tweaks I have planned are to add 10uF Wima MKS2-XL around the chip - particularly on the input. I also want to see what effect it has to remove the caps on the output.

Ive thought about buffering with a good op-amp. What do you guys reckon?

My next project is to make something special out of my Cambridge Audio 340A SE. Its a LM3886 based amp with (upgraded) LM4562 gainstage. The biggest compromise it has is solid state input switching. I have an idea to use the channel LED outputs from the microprocessor to control relays for input switching. So far I have added some nice caps/diodes and a better opamp with fairly good results. (Id like to post a link to the thread but I fear you will not post due to some of the arguments there have been).

Mike.
Old 24th December 2011, 11:58 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Do you still have this TEA2025 project? I've been planning to build one for years to work with small speakers and high-power headphones.

Did you find it necessary to implement capacitors on the input? According to the datasheet they are only used to remove noise caused by cheap potentiometers. I had planned on building my unit with no volume adjustment as I planned on using it with a PC.

Can you show what your final values were for every capacitor? And what did you do for a power-supply?

Hide this!Advertise here!