help with Stk4211mk2 standalone amp from aiwa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! first of all I am not sure where this post goes so please let me know, and second excuse my english.

Ok a neighbor had a huge fight with his wife they threw everything at each other tv,stereo,dvd,furniture etc.... afterward they cleaned up and everything out to the garbage which I brought home to see what can be salvaged for spare parts.

Well the stereo was smashed the entire front end was in pieces but the mainboard with the amp was good along with the transformer. so I diceded to make a standalone amp for my computer with it.

I Removed the broken front end because it´s beyon repair and placed a jumper wires from pin 14 and 5 of IC604 (TC4052BP) to C214 and C213, this is the input to the amp I also placed a jumper wire from pin14(o-power) to pin19(+vm) of con601 to power up the amp via relay RY101.

Ok so here is the problem I conect everything to the headphone jack of my desktop speakers power up the amp, but the volume is very very low I have to crank up the pc volume, speaker volume to be able to here it . A friend sugested removing Q203 and Q204 which are mute control but it is still the same.

Any suggestion as to what may be the problem
:cannotbe:

Sorry for the late post I kindoff forgot about this post yet for future readers here´s the solution......

Initially I removed the front end which included the volume control and rerouted the aux input straight to the chip amp input stage because I figured I would control the volume from the pc anyhow, so turns out the pcb board with the volume control is also a Preamplifier stage and EQ so I routed to input to this board and then to the amp input stage powered up the board from a 12v point and bingo averything is OK also a plus is that the pcb board also has pins to control the volume motor which I have done with a simple infrared remote reciever....

Once again thank you for your time and excuse the late solution...:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.