Power amplifier at high frequency

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The devices, power transistors,
that can give very high power at high frequencies ( 400-500MHz )
are some rare Radio Transmitter Transistors.

They are used for Radio Broadcast.
They are very, very expensive.
I would not think there are special high power RF chips.

What power?

There are RF power modules available for various frequency bands and power levels. Mitsubishi make a range. VHF modules are available up to about 30W output, UHF modules tend to be lower power up to about 10W.
Ebay quite often has them.
Beyond this, you will have to make something which is way OTT for this forum.

Frank

Now I am doing a circuit about 433 Mhz. I found suitable chip for my project. But when I do the power amplifier with IC : RF2126. It requires power input : 19dbm min. However my signal has only 5dbm. Can you have a circuit to amplify my signal to 19dbm. I do not have much knowledge about this problems so it is very difficult for me to calculate the value of the components. I wait for your advices and helps. Thanks

Luckyboydtt said:
Now I am doing a circuit about 433 Mhz. I found suitable chip for my project. But when I do the power amplifier with IC : RF2126. It requires power input : 19dbm min. However my signal has only 5dbm. Can you have a circuit to amplify my signal to 19dbm. I do not have much knowledge about this problems so it is very difficult for me to calculate the value of the components. I wait for your advices and helps. Thanks

http://www.minicircuits.com/products/amplifiers_main.html Single chip, can be cascaded.

Luckyboydtt said:

Thanks Nico Ras. Do you have a circuit. Can you give me an example about it?

RFM gives the circuit in the data sheet, cascading means putting two RF amps in series. To attenuate the signal from your source you need a T-resistor attenuator, the impedance should be based on looking into the T-network from either side. This is calculated by Z short circuit and Z open circuit.

If you are considering the mini-circuit solution, then the amp is a single chip with nothing else added. However, power supply decoupling is important, stray lumped elements could cause the circuit to oscillate.

It is not easy to build and performance test RF equipment without a spectrum analyser and signal generator.

Also this is not quite a forum for RF, I would say that you would get better information from a HAM radio forum.

You don't tell us much about the application either, but what you are doing is not quite nice because 433 MHz is the keyless entry band and with pushing 1 watt could jam other nearby users and preventing them from unlocking their cars.

This is a typical application for car-thieves running a 1 kHz AM signal jamming a user from locking his car in a car park and then....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.