Multi purpose multi channel gainclone PCB: Team project - group buy - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2003, 04:48 AM   #11
Tobey is offline Tobey  United States
diyAudio Member

Rick this is an interesting idea. It's been a while since I've built anything, but what brings me here is an interest in building a nice amp for my PC speakers. In this thread I was told about this amp using the LM3876. That thread also has the most difficult design that I ever built, I am by far not an engineer. I repaired consumer electronics for quite a few years, so I have a very good understanding in theory, but I have no formal training in design. I haven't looked into building anything in years, and to be honest I'm suprised in the amount of info found on the net. I've only been on the net since around 1996. Newbie I am

I was thinking about using the LM3886 for the sub woofer, the LM3876 to drive the five inch mid/woofers and possibly the LM1875 to drive the tweeters. The tweeters might need the LM3876 in order to "keep up" with mids sort of speak. Also I was thinking about using one of the crossovers from this page.

Maybe if the design was done is a modular fashion people could choose the amount of channels that they need, such as 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 and so on. With a choice of different power supplies. It would also need to have the ability to change crossover frequencies easily, since everybody isn't going to be using the same drivers. The link that Nisbeth posted has a nice, compact circuit board already designed for the IC which can be downloaded HERE.

I would like to build one if it was built with fairly standard components. I don't have the money or desire to build an amp with $20 resistors or $200 capacitors, unless needed, to be honest. I've just started looking in to building this amp this week, I still have a lot more research to do, but I will be building one soon. National Semiconductor has tons of info on these IC's and design parameters, you can even get free samples.
Old 24th March 2003, 09:19 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default DA 7294 may be better

I think this will be a while before it gets wings. Most are interested in just two channels.

When I get time, I'm going to do a couple of versions with two channels, then move on.

My reading of the threads suggest that the TDA 7294 may be a better and/ or more powerful chip.

Regards

Richard
Old 25th March 2003, 07:08 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

have you seen this? post #460 it and the following posts show JordanG's PCB design.
Old 25th March 2003, 06:55 PM   #14
Tobey is offline Tobey  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Matttcattt
.......have you seen this?......
I've been slowly but surely getting through that thread, but it's going to take a while to get throught that novel.
Old 29th March 2003, 05:54 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Question PCB

Matttcattt, thanks.
I usually print off threads (in printable version, without graphics) & read quickly offline: I had missed that.
Iíll go check it.

Did you think his design could be bettered?

Hide this!Advertise here!