Adding tube to Audiosector GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Will, I build Decware ZSLA-1 clone and chipamp in one box, PS for both in other box.

Today I see in decware.com , ZSLA-1 is out of production and schematic is not available online now. I have not saved file too, only printed schematic.

If you are really interested, I can try to draw it, maybe someone have saved schematic?
Zigis.

I have absolutely no hiss or hum with my gainclone, it's very quiet! My DC offset seems a bit high 90mV one channel and about 40 for the other one.

For Zigis :
I use the same schematics as Joe Rasmussen but I use 2 tubes. The pcb layout is not from me, it comes from a guy called Idefixes on another forum. I simply did the same as him, and I didn't ask why he used 2 tubes instead of one. The only thing different is the regulated PSU for the heater.

Of course I've got the PCB layout and I can share it if you're interested!

hidetogil said:
I have absolutely no hiss or hum with my gainclone, it's very quiet! My DC offset seems a bit high 90mV one channel and about 40 for the other one.

For Zigis :
I use the same schematics as Joe Rasmussen but I use 2 tubes. The pcb layout is not from me, it comes from a guy called Idefixes on another forum. I simply did the same as him, and I didn't ask why he used 2 tubes instead of one. The only thing different is the regulated PSU for the heater.

Of course I've got the PCB layout and I can share it if you're interested!

Hi,
As I said, if you're using standard efficiency speakers the hiss is hardly noticable. But push it up to about 98-100dB like mine, hell will break loose.

Nuuk,
What's your current rated efficiency for your OB?

cheers.

Hello h@kan, I looked at the PCB & kit you bought on eBay...what voltages does it require? Also, any way I could look at the schematic to see if I can use it in my car amp (chip amp based)?

marcus7601, do you have a copy of the schematic you personally used and/or the PCB as the guy above requested? How's the sound to you, also....you like it?

I built a +260V preamp for my car to use with the chip amp but it requires much circuitry for the power & time delays, etc. I would prefer to simplify it if possible as you guys did.

Thanks! :)

I'm sorry Marcus, I meant to type "hidetogil" regarding my post asking for info the same as you.

As a side note, what I did for my car tube preamplifier (12AX7) was to use a 555-based timer that switches over DPDT mini relays from a line pass-through to the tube audio signal after about 30s.

That way I never lose audio unlike the commercial hybrid tube-transistor amps I owned long ago (Planet Audio HVT series) that made the listener wait 30+s with no sound while the tubes warmed up.

However in my LM3886 amplifier, I made a Microchip PIC-based (12F629) multiple-output delay timer for similiar purposes. It ends up being almost the same amount of hardware, but can be more flexible, and the software was simple.

MartyM said:
Hello h@kan, I looked at the PCB & kit you bought on eBay...what voltages does it require? Also, any way I could look at the schematic to see if I can use it in my car amp (chip amp based)?

The tube buffer requires 12VAC. I use a 14 VAC transformer from a cordless drill charger with no problem. I dont know what happens if connecting 12DC. Maybe some where after the rectifiers on the board.

I dont have the schematic of the buffer, I have asked diy gene for it but with no success. The ebay ad claims that a logical schema diagram are included in the package but thats not true, at least not in my package.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.